PCB design reminder
When you are designing a PCB, there are always basic questions and important point to take care. Some example:
- how to convert mil to mm or AWG to diameter ?
- what is the real rendering or appropriate size for text or silkscreen line ?
- what is the maximum current for a specied trace width or via diameter ?
It always take long time to find the right information in the appropriate document.
In order to save time, I created a memento PCB to summarize most important information. This is a great and indispensable tool for every regular PCB designer.
On this board, you will find:
- common SMD footprints (RLC, Diode/Transistor, integrated circuit)
- common connector pitchs
- common via drill diameters with the corresponding maximum current
- sample of copper trace width (in mill and mm)
- sample of silkscreen line width
- sample of silkscreen text font and ratio
- conversion tables (inch/mm, mil/mm, oz/gr, oz/um)
- table of copper trace width Vs. maximum current
- table of copper trace voltage Vs. min clearance distance for functional isolation
- a simple metric ruler (0-8cm)
If you are interested in this reminder tool, I sell some pieces on my Tindie shop: